I recently bought a Niagara grapevine that had several unopened leaf buds on it. It's sitting in my house waiting for the last of the freezes. It has since sprouted several leaves and is growing quite rapidly. The only potential problem is that it is covered in very small milky droplets (sorry but my camera can't take pictures of things that small). I'm concerned that I bought an infested plant. Or is it normal for the soft tissue to "weep". I'd hate to wait until something hatches to find out.
A final question. Do I have to wait until the last of the winter freezes to put out the grapevine? I live in Kansas City (zone 6) and plan on keeping it in a container for a few years. I've searched and not found an answer. It may seem obvious but up until this winter I lived in southern Louisiana where "freezing" is 45 F.