pawash
Newly Registered

Sealed composite decking for beds

Hello. I'm new to gardening, and to the forum. I have read that composite decking can be a good material to make raised beds out of. But I haven't been able to find any information on composite decking that has been sealed. It further complicates matters because I have no idea what it was sealed with. It appears that one of the main products used to seal composite decking is a water based product that utilizes zinc nano particles. The composite decking that I have access to has also only been sealed on one side. I have access to basically an unlimited amount of this composite decking, so it is by far the most cost effective product for me to build beds out of. But at the same time, I am more interested in employing organic techniques and growing healthy vegetables for the table. Any unsafe chemicals that could be leeched into the soil is cause enough for me to search out another product (such as untreated cedar) to construct the beds out of. Any help or insight into this will be greatly appreciated. I tried searching the forum for any post related to this, and failed to find anything in regards to sealed composite decking. But if I somehow missed it, I apologize, and would appreciate a link to the discussion. Thank you for your responses.

ButterflyLady29
Greener Thumb

What is the manufacturers name? It's easier to check info if you know the manufacturer.

Return to “Raised Bed Gardening”