Jeremy brua

Raised Bed Garden Photos

Here are few pics of some raised beds I got to build. I am better at building than taking pics :)

The wall is really strait, I had to take a panoramic pic to get it all and it came out bent.

There is about 35' of bed on each side of the steps.

These beds are 11'Lx8'W

There are two more large triangle beds that I just finished but I didnt get and pics yet. And I built the tiki hut and a green house attached to the back of here house.

Jeremy brua

These are a few pics of the roof I did over the deck on the back of the house.

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

What are the widths of the beds? By the pictures, they look to be a good 8 ft. or more wide at some points.

Great job on that roof. Lots of skylights and lighting. Looks like someone is spending lots of money on upgrading their yard with garden beds, tiki hut, greenhouse and a deck cover. That's the kind of homeowner most contractors love to have for customers.

Jeremy brua

they are about 11' wide. She is going to plant them all in vegetables. I'm not sure where she is going to find the time to tend to all that. Also not in the pics is a 8'x12' grape trellis. Who knows whats next?

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

Jeremy brua wrote:they are about 11' wide. She is going to plant them all in vegetables. I'm not sure where she is going to find the time to tend to all that. Also not in the pics is a 8'x12' grape trellis. Who knows whats next?

That's way too wide for raised beds, especially for vegetable gardening where you need to rotate plants as the seasons change. One of the main purposes of raised beds is to not have to walk on the soil. There is now way you can garden in that size bed without setting foot into it, thus compressing the soil. But, to each their own.

RamonaGS
Green Thumb

They look amazing! I'd love to have that kind of room! Congratulations :D

mattie g
Green Thumb

gumbo2176 wrote: That's way too wide for raised beds, especially for vegetable gardening where you need to rotate plants as the seasons change. One of the main purposes of raised beds is to not have to walk on the soil. There is now way you can garden in that size bed without setting foot into it, thus compressing the soil. But, to each their own.
I don't have raised beds, but that's a good point. Looks like he's pretty handy, so maybe he can lay down supported 2x12s down the middle as a walkway.

imafan26
Mod

It will be a lot of garden space in the end. The beds look really nice. Is there an irrigation system planned for it. It looks like it would be a very long haul with a hose. What is she going to planti in them?

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Beautiful work! You did all that yourself? Love the deck roof!

You could just put stepping stones down the middle of the wide beds, to give a way to be able to tend things in them. But I hope you and your wife are experienced gardeners - that's an awful lot of new garden space to take on all at once.

Jeremy brua

imafan26 wrote:It will be a lot of garden space in the end. The beds look really nice. Is there an irrigation system planned for it. It looks like it would be a very long haul with a hose. What is she going to planti in them?

That will be next. There is a hose at the house and one at the bottom now and I think we will be adding one more.

I think she bought a pack of every seed that she could find! She had more plants started than most green houses. But she needs to find some good books or sign up on this site because many did not make it :(

Springfever

WOW way to go. I have been wanting raised beds but it is costly. So for now I am puttin it in the ground. I love the design and that could lead you right into a water garden of some sort. I am sure it has crossed your mind. Keep giving back to mother and she will provide. Great job

joed2323

That is some awesome looking raised beds. Your construction skills look top notch!

I agree you will need to make some kind of path way on the beds where you only step/walk on the path

jemsister

Wow, that looks like an awesome setup! I'd love to do a big layout of raised beds, but I rent, so it's patio gardening for me. It would be a joy to work in a garden like that though!

Jeremy brua

Springfever wrote:WOW way to go. I have been wanting raised beds but it is costly. So for now I am puttin it in the ground. I love the design and that could lead you right into a water garden of some sort. I am sure it has crossed your mind. Keep giving back to mother and she will provide. Great job

It's funny you say that. You cant really see it from the pics but there is about a 14' coy pond there.

RamonaGS
Green Thumb

Jeremy brua wrote:It's funny you say that. You cant really see it from the pics but there is about a 14' coy pond there.
Well how about a photo of the Koi Pond? I'd like to see it! :D

Susan W
Greener Thumb

It's lovely! Have to ask and clarify. Is this a contract job for someone or yours? Needs a near full time maintainance/gardener to keep all that going.

Jeremy brua

Susan W wrote:It's lovely! Have to ask and clarify. Is this a contract job for someone or yours? Needs a near full time maintainance/gardener to keep all that going.
I was hired to build it. I have no idea how she is going to find the time to tend to it all.

Return to “Raised Bed Gardening”