applestar
Mod

Does anyone make mead? What do they taste like?

I was curious since I just came across mention of mead in a fiction I'm currently reading.

I've always wondered what they are like.... 8) :?:

applestar
Mod

Here's a funny story. I had a jar of honey that had crystalized solid, so I was adding freshly brewed coffee to it then pouring out to sweeten my coffee. One day I did this then completely forgot and made another fresh brew and used a Demerara sugar cube for a change of pace. So I was going to drink it the same day later, but someone put the honey jar back in the cupboard. Out of sight, out of mind ...Forgotten.

I found the jar months later. In the past, I noted that the crystalized honey jar that I was melting down this way needed to be completely to process within a few days or it can get moldy. So I didn't rightly trust this unknown jar with amber-colored free-flowing -obviously not honey- liquid even though it had no sign of mold or any other form of decay in it -- in fact the liquid was almost clear. I took it outside and poured it out onto my compost pile.

...Well, a perfectly jellyfish like substance plopped out -- it sure looked like a "mother" to me.

Return to “Beekeeping”