webmaster
Site Admin

Re: Mad as a . . . .

I've never seen a wet chicken. Chickens can be so much fun. I used to have them when I was a kid. Would love to have some chickens now that we have room for them. Been discussing acquiring some so it just may happen.

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

I have been walking around the neighborhood lately and when I walk past this one particular house, a small herd of chickens comes running to me. The house is set back from the road - that's where they start running from, so their coop must be near the house. I'm on the sidewalk next to the road, and the chickens run about 30' towards me. They are very friendly chickens and so excited to see me. There is a short little picket fence next to the sidewalk, separating the yard area from the road. Some of the chickens hopped up onto the fence. They are so cute. Chickens look so funny when they run! They look like little people, with their fat bodies and little heads and hair doos.

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

Yes, they are very well behaved chickens. I met the woman who has them. She is very nice. I think she treats them well. She said that they run up to the fence when other people walk by too. I don't give them any treats. I want to get a video of them running towards me. It is hilarious to watch them run. Its a waddle-run.

Return to “Chickens/Ducks, Goats, and other Livestock”