snowcreekacres
Newly Registered

Hi All

Hi All,

New here from the mtns of Western NC. My daddy passed last year on aug 18th and left the 10 acre homestead to me. While I was raised doing it I went more modern when I got married. Well now I am back to the land so to speak if only out of sheer necessity. Daddy sort of left me in a pinch although I adored my daddy he didn't believe in insurance of any kind so I have a 50 grand debt to pay off or loose the land, now I am awaiting my disability due to sezures but as we all know that can take years. Momma has daddy's SSI Check but it barely covers the normal bills. We don't have a dryer all clothes drying is done on a 4 strand clothes line my daddy lovingly made with his own 2 hands when it's cold or rainy I have a lot of tangled string threwout the house but it gets the job done if clothes have to be done along with 2 wooden clothes dryers. My main concern though is feed us threw the harsh conditions we have mainly blizzards and floods. I have a 1 acre garden spot of which I had plowed right after daddy passed for this growing season but I had enough of daddy's scrap to sell off in order to make it threw last winter, spring and summer now we're facing winter again we've went to 2 food banks in the area fathfully everytime they was giving away, we've had a few neighbor's give us veggies which we've canned and frozen and a couple of deers are in our freezer so we're NOT gonna starve just yet. I have done my research and I'm putting in a few small greenhouses this fall so I can have seedling starts to sale to gardener's all around next year….If you or anyone you know has extra seeds if only a few I'll gladly send a SASE for them I need all kinds of Veggie, Sunflower and herb or medicinal flowers you might have as I have multi health problems (High Blood Pressure, Edema, Congestive Heart Failure and also a bad Diabetic) I want to go more Natural in my healing ways. For now I've got the 2 ltr pepsi bottles and Milk Jugs saved to become mini greenhouses for seedlings and one good thing is my granny taught me how to dehydrate using the sun of a daytime. Next spring I will start my new homestead with Hen's I'd say 12 should be good as we use ALOT of eggs at both houses. I have 3 sources for registered dairy goats which will be next I'll probably do 6 goats for the does IN MILK is how I will buy them or at least pregnant 1 lamanca, 1 alpine, 1 saunan and 1 nigerian dwarf and do a full sized buck of some sort and a full sized Nigerian. From my understanding both parents don't have to be registered for the offspring to be? Goats will be a while coming still as they will be around 300 each. I have bigger plans as I get ways of making money established.

Thanks for reading,

Connie C

Return to “Chickens/Ducks, Goats, and other Livestock”