Water Broke
Water Broke
On it's way!
On it's way!
Little Simon.
Little Simon.

sweetiepie
Green Thumb

Unfortunately, while this was all going on a flat of my tomato plants (about 15) blew away when the wind came up. :eek: Styrofoam cups across the yard. I even set them on the bench part of the picnic table behind the porch railing and was hoping after chores to see how they were doing but the coming back never happened. :wink: At least I have 175 more to go. S :roll: o tired of the wind.

sweetiepie
Green Thumb

Farm 2015 003.JPG
Sorry, I haven't posted any update pictures. I have been way to busy.

Mr. Simon Flank, I quess is his name. A combination of what the kids wanted. He is drinking about 1 1/2 gallons and I keep increasing a quart a week until he is a month old. Sorry for the bad picture, he won't stand still unless he has a bottle in his mouth but that is kind of hard to take a picture one handed.

applestar
Mod

Sooo cute! I missed the original amazing photos of his birth you posted or I would have commented back then. :o

Thank you for sharing these wonderful experiences with us. :D
(Sorry your tomato seedlings blew away)

sweetiepie
Green Thumb

Mom and daughter are doing well. Mom maxed out at 6 gallons and is now started decreasing to about 5 and half gallons a day. That is normal. Annabelle is very curious and makes chores very challenging. They both should be getting visits from the bull next month.

sweetiepie
Green Thumb

Oh, WOW! :eek: Those horns are quite scary. But beautiful! The calf looks like he is wearing clothes, that is darling.

Last year, we had a neighbor AI and he was an older gentlemen, super nice but the fact she got pregnant still amazes me. The semen was unthawed and recooled several times in 2 hours before he could remember what he was suppose to do and then he dumped it about 3 inches inside her. So I waited one heat cycle after that because I didn't want her to have a calf during my son's graduation. Of course she didn't seem to be coming into heat about the time we were going to go it a bull from a neighbor and I tested her milk and she came back pregnant.

This year our neighbor has a pasture right behind the house and he said he was plenty fine with us letting her and her daughter out into the pasture when it is time. Delight will come back for milkings, I am pretty sure. Fingers crossed but her daughter might have to be rounded back up after the deed is done. It could be a rodeo. We do alot of trading back and forth with that neighbor and helping each other out so it is sort of like rent a bull but not with an exact price tag.

GardeningCook
Greener Thumb

What a beautiful Longhorn!!!!

We have several Longhorn farms around here, one of which I pass regularly. They're such regal-looking animals. One farm used to have one that was broke to RIDE, & the owner used to ride him/her(?) around at local fairs, etc.

Return to “Chickens/Ducks, Goats, and other Livestock”