CookieCrisp

Pot-belly pigs parents?

I have a pbp as pet. Her name is Penelope. We call her Pipi. She is about 4 months and 24 pounds. She can sit and I'm going to be teaching her new tricks soon.

Just wondering if anyone else has a pbp here. :D

I did have 22 chickens and 6 guineans till my dogs thought they were treats. :cry:

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

Nope, no Pot-belly pigs but I do have a live question: What is a guinean? Does it have wings and live above ground? Good to see you here, give my best to Penelope. We do have chickens and goats and a few other creatures.

Richard

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

your dog ate 22 chickens? :shock: all at once (and then it exploded?) or one at a time over a period of time (you couldn't find a way to protect them?).

I've seen pictures but never seen the pb pig in real life. Is it house broken? Does that mean it uses a litter box like a cat or asks to go out like a dog OR ... ?

CookieCrisp

No they didn't get all 22 at a time. My dogs played to rough with them and crushed them. And we thought they were protected but I didn't know they can fly. :shock:

Pbp can be housebroken. Pipi is iffy about that. She has peepads. But, yes you can letterbox train them. Whenever I go outside and mess around in my yard she goes out with me and potties and then she roots away having a good old time. :D

CookieCrisp

Oh a guinea is a bird that kind of looks like a baby chicken at first, but with more of football shape body. They kind if resemble a turkey when they mature. They are good for killing bugs and snakes away. They are on the meaner side but they will protect the yard and anything in it.

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

Thanks

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Guinea hens in the yard (if you live in the country) are a great alarm system. They will make a ton of noise and chase anything or anyone encroaching in your yard. My Grandmother had them when she lived in the country. We have friends who live WAY out in the country and they keep Guinea hens with their chickens. They give us eggs and there are Guinea eggs mixed in with the chicken eggs. At Easter my Grandmother would boil and dye Guinea eggs for us to "pock" with. Our friends had chicken eggs and we always won the "pocking" contest because the Guinea eggs have a very hard shell.

I am surprised that the dogs got to the Guineas. They are fairly aggressive and can usually take care of themselves unless the dogs ganged up on them.

How about some pictures of Pipi.

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Guinea hens in the yard (if you live in the country) are a great alarm system. They will make a ton of noise and chase anything or anyone encroaching in your yard. My Grandmother had them when she lived in the country. We have friends who live WAY out in the country and they keep Guinea hens with their chickens. They give us eggs and there are Guinea eggs mixed in with the chicken eggs. At Easter my Grandmother would boil and dye Guinea eggs for us to "pock" with. Our friends had chicken eggs and we always won the "pocking" contest because the Guinea eggs have a very hard shell.

I am surprised that the dogs got to the Guineas. They are fairly aggressive and can usually take care of themselves unless the dogs ganged up on them.

How about some pictures of Pipi.

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

:eek: posted twice! Sorry :!: :eek:

Return to “Chickens/Ducks, Goats, and other Livestock”