ghostpepper
Newly Registered

Whats wrong with my Ghost Pepper Plant?

very new to gardening but recently fell in love with it. I started growing this young ghost pepper plant and the leaves are fading and one already fell off. Please help!!
Attachments
IMG_1332.JPG

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

Welcome to the forum!

Did you put the plant outside recently? That looks like sunscald on the leaves, and the chinense peppers seem prone to this, though they recover fairly quickly. The leaf dropping isn't good, however; not sure what would cause this.

ghostpepper
Newly Registered

thanks!

I put it in the sun for a small amount of time each day. I understand that these plants need lots of heat and humidity. Maybe more light less heat?

PaulF
Greener Thumb

Less direct sunlight; put the plant in the shade or what they call dappled shade.

No_Shade555

ghostpepper wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:43 pm
very new to gardening but recently fell in love with it. I started growing this young ghost pepper plant and the leaves are fading and one already fell off. Please help!!
what zone are you in? it is awfully late in the season to be starting chinense. I am in new england and it is already dropping into chilly temps at night and early morning.

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

I figured that he is in the southern hemisphere! This definitely wouldn't be a time to start peppers anywhere in this country.

No_Shade555

pepperhead212 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:13 pm
I figured that he is in the southern hemisphere! This definitely wouldn't be a time to start peppers anywhere in this country.
Unless you are a indoor tent grower :-() :-() :-() :-()

Return to “Pepper Forum”