Sasquatch
Newly Registered

Sad looking seedlings?

These poor plants have not done much since I got them on 5/11. I put them in these larger pots on 5/13 trying to grow them up prior to planting in a container.

They are in https://www.miraclegro.com/en-us/produc ... r-conserve I see there is a lot of hate for Miracle Grow here, but the easy availability of this alleged organic product and a price I could sort of deal with (~$8 a 32 quart bag). Can't be that bad, can it?

I added some organic 3-5-6 granulated fertilizer around the outer perimeter of the pots, maybe .5 a teaspoon per pot.

They get brought in each night as temps are still dipping into the 40s each morning. They are getting at least six hours of mostly full sun. Been careful not to over water as I read they do not do well soaked all of the time.

Any suggestions are welcome! Am I too impatient?

Click images to zoom in.
IMG0871.jpg
IMG0870.jpg
IMG0875.jpg
IMG0877.jpg

imafan26
Mod

Well, I hope the temperatures are better. Peppers like it warm 70-90 degrees or they will grow very slowly. I don't use organic fertilizer in small pots. I don't think it did much one way or the other. Peppers are slow growers at first. Most of their development is happening in the root zone. Even when I plant my peppers at 68 degrees F., the peppers are relatively small for the first two months, but suddenly hit a growth spurt in the third month. It is a good idea to pot them up when they get larger so the roots will be able to get bigger. Peppers are relatively heavy feeders. I don't have very good bell peppers. It is a very different animal from other peppers. Other peppers get a general purpose fertilizer just about once a month in pots. The heavy producers will get to be very large plants so they need a regular diet to support all the peppers. I have some very big hot pepper plants.

Return to “Pepper Forum”