Ucfmike
Newly Registered

Help identifying peppers

Hi everyone, great forum you have here. My daughter got these seeds from Lowe’s and I have no idea what type of peppers came from this packet. The flowers are white with purple tips and the peppers themselves are mostly purple, long, and pointy. Most of them are growing up, too. I also have a pepper plant from the same package that are all green, long, and skinny.
Attachments
0DB9CE97-BD10-4C0A-A602-FE84E93A0AF1.jpeg
FA7E4988-9446-42AA-A68E-0B25B138F8F5.jpeg

TomatoNut95
Super Green Thumb

Sounds like your daughter picked a package of mixed seed which means you won't know which variety you'll get from each seed. Do you or your daughter still have the packet? Usually they tell you on the back of the package which varieties may be in it.

Those are obviously a purple or black variety of pepper, I just don't know exactly what kind. This year I am growing Black Hungairian which also produces purple blossoms and black immature fruit, but your pepper fruits are longer and slimer than mine, so I don't think yours is the same as mine.

Ucfmike
Newly Registered

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don’t have the seed packet anymore. I’ll keep the mystery going these are growing really well

TNCatHerder

I have had Orange Thai peppers that grew upwards. Everything else I have had grows down. Step son grew some ornamental peppers a few years back. I think they grew up. I would google image search for purple peppers.

Return to “Pepper Forum”