skielark
Newly Registered

Sweet Oxhorn Diablo Pepper Issues

Hello,

I am in Coventry Zone 8b. I have been growing healthy looking Oxhorn peppers for a quite some time. They are getting tall with lots of fruit. So far they have been happy. I cover them at night with greenhouse plastic to keep them warm and have been keeping them covered the past few days because it's been chilly even during the day. The base of the fruit are turning black. I attached pictures of the full plant and the spots. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with them or if this is normal?
Attachments
IMG_0321.JPG
IMG_0313.JPG

applestar
Mod

I don’t recognize the dark looks like soft decay in the stem as a symptom, but as a general observation, since you have these pots on the patio, make sure that the bottom drainage hole is not being blocked from sitting directly.

You may need to lift them up — there are “pot feet” you can buy, but you could also just put the, on bricks, etc, avoiding the drainage hole. Alternative is to drill holes or cut slits (angle grinder or Dremel) in the side of the pot — about 1 inch up from the base. I recommend at least 3 locations around the pot.

Return to “Pepper Forum”