ThatPepperGuy
Newly Registered

Finally got peppers, but these spots just showed up.

What are these spots? I’m growing habaneros in plastic buckets. After 8 months of raising these peppers it’s finally producing. But at the same time these brown spots on the stem began to show up. Is there a way to fix this? Also the leaves began to fall off to they point where here all basically gone, I’ve tried putting them inside but that seemed to do nothing. Is there anything I can do to fix that as well?
Attachments
672F221C-B3B5-4BDE-9D8F-0975A5C5E4F7.jpeg
A5E82806-EDE0-4C92-A536-847E45E12BCC.jpeg
E1F439CD-B6D9-4B06-A5C5-1CC192D64AE2.jpeg

MoonShadows

default_welcome38gk.gif
default_welcome38gk.gif (48.03 KiB) Viewed 9988 times
It is some type of blight, but I don't know what it may be specifically. If you have any plants that are not showing this, get them away from these ones. Most likely these plants will not recover and should be destroyed. Disinfect the pots and growing area before you plant more.

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

Welcome to the forum!

Where are you located? I assume somewhere very warm, if they have been outside for 8 months. However, habaneros, at least the old varieties, start producing after 120 days, and now just about all of the varieties are much sooner, so I can't imagine them taking 8 months, even taking away the 6 weeks starting the seedlings. So something definitely went wrong, probably before the blight. And they don't look that large. I assume that is a 5 gal bucket, and in that, most would get much larger than that in just a few months around here.

Not sure what that is - maybe somebody in a hot region can chime in on it, but I have never seen that on any of my peppers, nor have I had the leaves drop like that, except when I have tried bring them indoors in the fall.

Return to “Pepper Forum”