Sherifeldib
Newly Registered

Help .. tip of seedling leaf turned light green (yellow)

My seedling is now about 3 weeks old, the corner end tip of one of the (4) leaves is turning light green to yellowish, soil is moist (suspecting overwatering), I have fertilized only once (2 weeks ago).
I use led light 6 hours a day and sun 3 hours.
The seedling looks healthy otherwise and the stem started getting a little bit darker, growing not retarded and leaves are not curled .
It is the top not bottom leaf which shows the yellowing that is why I'm also suspecting excessive light.
Attachments
IMG_1375.JPG

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

No excessive light doesn't cause yellowing. Over-watering often does. Does the potting mix it is in contain Miracle Gro or something like that? If so you don't need to fertilize again until you put it in the ground or into a bigger pot.

You didn't give us any idea where you are. Unless you are in the Southern Hemisphere, it is very late to be starting a pepper seedling and expect it to produce this year. Some people bring peppers indoors for the winter, but that takes know how and good conditions. I personally never found it worth doing.

Sherifeldib
Newly Registered

rainbowgardener wrote:No excessive light doesn't cause yellowing. Over-watering often does. Does the potting mix it is in contain Miracle Gro or something like that? If so you don't need to fertilize again until you put it in the ground or into a bigger pot.

You didn't give us any idea where you are. Unless you are in the Southern Hemisphere, it is very late to be starting a pepper seedling and expect it to produce this year. Some people bring peppers indoors for the winter, but that takes know how and good conditions. I personally never found it worth doing.

Thanks alot for your help, I forgot to mention that I live in dubai and its summer all season, I am keeping it indoors now in the AC because the weather now is exceeding 113F (45 c) I will move them once it is more suitable.
I have used a local water soluble fertilizer that instructs applying fortnightly.
Anyways I'm a beginner and doing it for fun and gaining experience so I don't expect much production anyways. :)
Do you think it also might be the clorine from tap water ? Should I used bottled instead ?

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

No, since the water from my garden hose also is chlorinated, I use chlorinated water on all my plants all the time. Doesn't seem to hurt them.

imafan26
Mod

If it is indoors, the pot is probably staying too wet especially if you have a saucer of water sitting under it. The pot looks big for the size of the seedling. It will hold on to water longer.

Return to “Pepper Forum”