pointer80

should california wonders be this late?

Hello all, My California wonder pepper plants were planted in the ground June 3 from nursery stock and are just starting to blossom. I am in zone 5a and was wondering if that's normal? My other peppers are producing nicely which include sweet yellow peppers, jalapenos, and cayenne peppers. They are not ripe yet but are full of peppers. Thanks for the input in advance.

imafan26
Mod

Bell peppers take 70-90 days to maturity and another couple of weeks for the fruit to ripen. The first fruits appear on plants that are about 3 monnths old from the time I seed them. After that first fruit, the others come faster as long as the bush is healthy.

For me, the long sweet peppers produce more and are more disease resistant than bells.

pointer80

imafan26 wrote:Bell peppers take 70-90 days to maturity and another couple of weeks for the fruit to ripen. The first fruits appear on plants that are about 3 monnths old from the time I seed them. After that first fruit, the others come faster as long as the bush is healthy.

For me, the long sweet peppers produce more and are more disease resistant than bells.
Thank you, I will just have to have patience

Return to “Pepper Forum”