goeds
Newly Registered

What is wrong with my Carolina Reaper plant?

This is a carolina reaper plant which has started to develop some disease. Lots of small black spots that seem to be eating away at the plant. Is there anything I can do about it?
IMG_20170519_123041.jpg
IMG_20170519_123031.jpg
IMG_20170519_122921.jpg

applestar
Mod

Hopefully it's something simple like fungal disease. It looks like you have either many plants or a lot of overlapping branches which can come from multiple buds growing from the same node after pruning.

First remove the spotted leaves and discard (not compost) or burn.

I recommend pruning some of the branches off to open up the foliage and allow for more airflow. Generally, remove any branches that are growing inward, don't let leaves lay on top of each other. If these are multiple plants in separate cells or pots, separate them further.

I would start with milk spray then consider tougher treatments if needed.

Make sure you are not overwatering which will stress them and make them susceptible to diseases and pests.

If they are indoors, set up an oscillating fan to blow over them. You can put this on timer if you like. Constant fan will make them dry out faster.

imafan26
Mod

It lookslike bacterial spots. I had that on my peppers. I tried first just picking off the infected leaves but when it rains all the time it is hard to control. In the end I had to pull all of the peppers and not save any of the seeds. I had to wait for drier weather to start them again.

https://ipm.ucanr.edu/PMG/r604100311.html

Return to “Pepper Forum”