Bartlett
Newly Registered

Peppers not looking good after lots of rain

IMG_5394.jpg
IMG_5393.jpg
I transplanted my peppers into the garden a couple weeks ago. About a week later we got 6 inches of rain in 24 hours. The garden has good drainage, but it was 6 inches of rain

Now most of the peppers are looking poor. Almost all of them are yellowing, and about half have small brown spots on the leaves. One of them the leaves are starting to curl.

Is this bacterial? Are they doomed? I don't want to give up on them, but if I'm going to replant I need to do it soon. I'm new to this so any suggestions are greatly appreciated

You'll have to zoom in on the pictures to see the spots.

Thanks

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

Welcome to the forum!

Where are you located, and what zone are you in? In my area it is far too cool at night to put the peppers out yet, but I figure you must be much further south, if you transplanted a couple weeks ago.

Bartlett
Newly Registered

8a

Thanks

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

I figured that you are much warmer than me!

They don't really look that bad to me. The yellowness may be from the excessive rain, and I don't really see enough spots to worry about - maybe there are more on other plants? I often have sunburn on chinense peppers (which those look like), but they outgrow it.

jeff84

don't feel bad my whole garden looks bad right now, but at least its all still alive. I have had over 20 inches of rain in the last week. it will dry out soon I hope.

Return to “Pepper Forum”