dmacz000
Newly Registered

Green Bell Pepper grOws "Spark" nodes

Green Bell Pepper grOws "Spark" Node's
Green Bell Pepper grOws "Spark" Node's
Has anyone ever seen a green bell pepper develop these white "nodes" at top and or out of bottom, before? Plant was potted and was grown as a test subject. It developed many small, but otherwise normal, usable bell peppers, during a low light grow.
I refer to them as, "spark" node's. :?:

applestar
Mod

Like this one? There's a photo of green ones earlier in that thread, but this one shows the point better.

Subject: 2015-2016 Winter Indoor Peppers
applestar wrote:Here are fruits of NOT Bonda Ma Jacques. For some reason, they ripened more or less together and I plan to harvest them and taste them in the next few days:

As you might be able to see, the plant itself is tiny. Maybe it's a Donkey Ear crossed with something. Certainly it seems like it's derived from one of the smaller (no more than 12" tall) varieties.

dmacz000
Newly Registered

Yes! You have nodes to! So far it looks to be common in flower pot grows? I don't remember them in garden grows, but sure they do appear there also.

applestar
Mod

My suspicion is that this part develops from a part of the blossom that is easily rubbed or broken off by insect activity or knocked off from the fruits as they grow when outside, but coddled indoor plants might keep them to full maturity....

Return to “Pepper Forum”