cass2828

PURPLE PEPPER

Check this out guys!!! I recently got a purple chilli plant... I don't know the exact variety nut I am guessing it to be purple tiger... Its very spicy and the heat lasts for a LOOOOOONG time :eek: :oops:
Attachments
DSC00339.JPG
DSC00338.JPG

applestar
Mod

Very nice! Do they ripen to red -- I think thats the typical transition. Should get more complex and maybe even touch of initial sweetness in flavor. (Generally speaking -- have never tried Purple Tiger before)

...maybe try pickling in vinegar -- might retain the purple/violet-red color? :-() Oooh now I'm curious! I currently have Bolivian Rainbow which starts purple, then ivory, then orange, then red. Also have a black -- I think Czech. black -- I'm going to try pickling in acid like vinegar and in alkaline by pre-soaking in pickling lime. Would the lime make them blue?

cass2828

thnx apple star... I don't know if they will turn to red or anything because none have ripned yet... jut got them..

cass2828

I am planning on saving seeds from these but... I don't know how??/ any idea? :roll:

imafan26
Mod

let the peppers fully ripen on the bush. The peppers will start drying on the bush and then the seeds will easily come out. You can pick them in the red stage but there will still be some moisture so you have to dry the seeds longer. Spread out the seeds in a container and let them dry. Some will stick to the bottom if they were in the wet stage but they will easily come off. If you use a paper towel to dry them it is harder to get them off. I use a plastic tofu container to dry the pods. I leave the seeds in the dried pods in the refrigerator until I am ready to plant them.

cass2828

why refrigirator ??

Return to “Pepper Forum”