vikasb23
Newly Registered

Please help with my Chili pepper plants

hello guys I am new to this site as well new to gardening I just growing my chili plants.in the begging they grow normal but now they all dying and I don't know what going wrong I water them regularly,7-8 hr sunlight.
pls help me.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

To start with, it always helps to tell us where you are located. There are hardly any garden questions that can be discussed without regard to location/ climate. What has your weather been like?

How long since those seeds sprouted?

Your plants look diseased, but they also look stunted. When plants are struggling, they are much more vulnerable to diseases and pests.

They are being grown in containers, but what kind of soil/ potting medium are they in? In the picture it looks strange, dry and lumpy, and crusty. Growing plants in containers is different from growing them in the ground and requires special potting mix, that is designed to stay loose and fluffy and free draining.

vikasb23
Newly Registered

I am from India its summer here right now avg temp is 30°C+ and rain sometime.potting mix is complete soil no fertilizer.they are 3 week old I bought them from nursery.only upper layer of soil is dry I water them on daily basics

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

The temperature should be fine. My jalapeno peppers have sailed through a month of temps from 92 - 99 F (33-37 C).

But I don't know about "complete soil, no fertilizer"

*If there really is no fertilizer and not a lot of available nutrients in your soil, then they need to be fertilized by now. The seed provides enough nutrient for the seedling to get started and get above ground, grow some roots. After that it has to find nutrients from the soil. Containers require a lot of watering and that flushes nutrients out of the soil. So container grown plants have to be fertilized regularly.

*What we usually use in containers is soil-less potting mixes, made from ingredients like peat moss and perlite, with some compost or aged composted manure to provide the organic nutrients. Actual soil tends to be too heavy in pots, settles and excludes air.

Return to “Pepper Forum”