sniffs
Cool Member

So I accidentally used the wrong soil..

I realized suddenly after reading the bag of soil that I had, I used garden soil for the ground for all my pepper plants. It's the soil that has the little nitrogen balls inside it.

All my peppers are real green, huge leaves and flowering.. problem is the flowers are dropping the next day or 2 after they open wide.

My one plant that is budding really well, my Cayennes, I used regular potting soil. Is there an easy way to fix this other than pulling all my plants out of my pots and repotting them in the potting soil?

I can't fathom using tweezers and plucking out all the little nitrogen balls, so is repotting using potting soil my only/best bet?

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I wouldn't worry too much about the fertilizer balls. They are supposed to be slow release. Just don't add fertilizer for awhile.

What I would worry about with garden soil is its tendency to pack down, eliminate air and hold too much moisture. You will have to be very careful with how you water.

sniffs
Cool Member

What if I flipped each plant upside down and let all the loose soil fall out.. and fill in the pot with potting soil? Think that'd work or should I just leave it be?

Return to “Pepper Forum”