MOFishin

Need to quickly diagnose these cayenne plants.

I say "quickly" because I am leaving for a 3 day camping trip tomorrow afternoon, and would like to do something to treat this disease before I go.
I snapped a few pictures, but only this one turned out halfway decent. I'm headed out to work in the garden now, and I'll try to take more.
Thanks for looking.
Attachments
DSCN0012.JPG

MOFishin

More pics:
Attachments
DSCN0023.JPG
DSCN0024.JPG
DSCN0025.JPG

MOFishin

one more
Attachments
DSCN0022.JPG

MOFishin

I also had something (My guess is deer) eat some upper branches off 2 of my tomato plants. I plan to put up a little fence, but won't be able to until at least Tuesday.

applestar
Mod

I think your pepper will do better if you put down some mulch -- layers of moistened newspaper or packing paper covered/held down with just about anything you can get your hands on: I use pulled up weeds in a pinch -- I think the problem could be heat/temperature/uneven soil moisture stress related, combined with splashed up fungal spores. The wormy-worm will like that, too.

Cut off the worst affected leaves so they won't be a beacon to draw pests -- if the plant can't afford to lose them all, snip off the affected parts of the leaves. I hesitate to recommend you spray when you can't monitor how they will respond. I like to keep a close eye on my plants for a day or two after spraying anything I'm not familiar I with.

MOFishin

Thanks applestar. Plans have been changed, so now I'm not leaving until Saturday. But still not enough time to really observe how things go. I guess I will go after it with scissors tomorrow.

Return to “Pepper Forum”