sniffs
Cool Member

Shishito pepper has some yellow spots..

So I pruned my Shishito pepper a few weeks ago and just looked today and there are a couple of yellow spots on the leaves.

I'm watering every other day or so and do let the top soil get dry.. I haven't added in fertilizer or anything other than the soil.

I use arrow head spring water to water all my plants. If this is too much phosphorus why isn't it happening to all my plants the use that soil?

https://goo.gl/photos/KGhxHMseiCdPA36d7

AnnaIkona
Greener Thumb

Although I can't make out the yellow spots from the photo you posted, I believe that your pepper was sun burned. Or possibly you earn watering it enough.

Maybe try moving it out of direct sun light for a little while and see if that helps. Also, peppers like soil that is always moist. I water my peppers daily to make sure that the soil never dries out and always stays moist.

applestar
Mod

Hmm... I notice you still haven't included your location in your profile so it would show up to the left of your posts for easy reference. I'm going to ask if it's already getting hot where you are -- maybe droplets of water caused lense- effect and burned the leaves?

sniffs
Cool Member

I'm in Southern California. It's cloudy nearly all day long until about 1pm when the sun comes out.. It's sunny and 70 degrees right now.

I haven't been watering daily, but every other day. I can poke my finger under the pot into the drip hole and feel the bottom of the soil is moist, but the top is dry.

I also try not to get the leaves wet.. I'll try leaving out of direct sun for awhile, although this plant was purchased at Armstrong's where it was already getting daily full sun.

sniffs
Cool Member

so the spots haven't gotten larger.. they've basically stayed the exact same size and I've pretty much kept it in the sun all day. Could it be that I accidentally got water on it and it got sun burned?

AnnaIkona
Greener Thumb

Yes, that is possible. I never water a plant's leaves when it is getting direct sun.

Return to “Pepper Forum”