StevePots

What is wrong with this pepper? See Photo

During Summer my pepper plants got massacred by thrips. Neem oil saved the day but it took a while to beat the thrips back.
Of 10 healthy plants I only managed to safe 3 and they were just clinging to life lookinh more like sticks that plants because most their leaves were off. I nursed them back to health and they just now started to get peppers but the peppers look weird. Or is this normal?
Looks like part of the flower is still there.
another view
Flowers look normal

kayjay
Green Thumb

What variety of pepper are they? Some are supposed to look like that...

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

It looks sort of like a peter pepper.

StevePots

Honestly, I don't know. My wife bought some vegetables at a farm market and she picked up some peppers for me. They were about 8" long. red and about as thick as my thumb at the top. The pepper was not very hot (for me) but had a sweet fruity aftertone that I really liked so I saved one for it's seeds. Could have been a hybrid for all I know so it's a mystery pepper. I'm hoping the peppers will still have that fruity flavor and some of the heat.

imafan26
Mod

sounds like a cubanelle type they have square bottoms, so I think it probably is the variety. They are good for frying and can be stuffed like Anaheims but range from mild to not hot.

Return to “Pepper Forum”