han2
Newly Registered

Can chilli plants affected by white flies recovered

hi..

I'm newbie here..just wanna ask some question about chillies.

Can chilli plants affected by white flies recovered? can the plant leaves back to normal?

applestar
Mod

Damaged leaves won't return to their former state, but assuming the plant is still healthy, it should grow pristine new leaves. How big are your plants? Could you post some pictures?

Details of where you are current weather conditions and how they are being grown -- in the ground, containers, etc. -- will help us diagnose more about the situation including if they could be cut back a little to encourage new growth.

han2
Newly Registered

the plant already 40 days. using cocopeat as a medium and place it in container.I'm using complete fertigation concept but in open air without green house. the wheather now is raining in evening 4 or 5 days once.
Attachments
4.jpg
3.jpg
1.jpg

imafan26
Mod

As apple mentioned, the damaged leaves won't get any better, but new leaves should come out fine. I cut off the damaged parts of the plant if there are enough other leaves. You will need to keep looking under the leaves to make sure the white flies stay away. Thrips will also make leaves curl or deform. Pepper thrips are huge, but other thrips are tiny so you need to recognize the damage.

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Hi Han.

Warm welcome to the forum.

Are you sure you have white flies? I do not see the tell tale sooty mold usually associated with white flies.

You can use Neem Oil on the under side of the leaves. Remove the damaged leaves. Your plants are flowering nicely so the damage is not yet critical.

Good luck

Return to “Pepper Forum”