Countryladiesgardens
Green Thumb

Starting Pepper Transplants (Zone 7)

Last weekend we started our pepper transplanting from red solo cups to 3 gallon buckets. They sure like the space now, and some are producing peppers! Can't wait to try all these new varieties that we are growing this year! We are known in the Fraser Valley of BC for having the best selection of hot peppers, sweet peppers and ornamentals! It is a good buisness for summer, and it was sure fun! The remaining peppers we will eat and save the seeds! Now is the super exciting part indeed! How are your peppers doing in your climate all? We have been getting almost daily 30C days but now we have a week spurt of rain. Good for them to get a little wet. Enjoy the photos! :-()
Attachments
This was also a popular variety this year, Prit Chi Fa
This was also a popular variety this year, Prit Chi Fa
Here is our Bushy Thai that we got seeds from a friend on HG JC's Garden. Look John! What a beauty she is!
Here is our Bushy Thai that we got seeds from a friend on HG JC's Garden. Look John! What a beauty she is!
Our last Carolina Reaper! Very important pepper plant here, she holds the current world record for being the hottest on the planet!!
Our last Carolina Reaper! Very important pepper plant here, she holds the current world record for being the hottest on the planet!!
Here is a Douglah and Primo pepper. They are pretty popular ones this year! Primo is suppose to be the next record holder for the hottest pepper in the world. We will see soon!
Here is a Douglah and Primo pepper. They are pretty popular ones this year! Primo is suppose to be the next record holder for the hottest pepper in the world. We will see soon!
Pepper Transplants
Pepper Transplants

Countryladiesgardens
Green Thumb

Check us out on Twitter for our pepper account @DadsPeppers

GardeningCook
Greener Thumb

Wow - your pepper selection is impressive.

I'm a pepper lover, but steer clear of the super-hot ones except for the occasional Habanero that I buy for the occasional dish that calls for it. The favorites I like to grow include Poblano (for stuffing), Jalapeno & Serrano (for all sorts of things), Cubanelle (for frying), & Thai/Cayenne varieties for Asian dishes.

Countryladiesgardens
Green Thumb

Thanks! We worked hard on them these last few years. We also have all the varieties you mentioned. They are not all Superhots, we have a variety of Paprikas, sweet and ornamentas. Yes Thai was super popular this year, we had a few but next year will have more! We also love cooking, maybe we can exchange some recipes! :) :)

GardeningCook
Greener Thumb

Recipes - definitely!!! I'm a cooking fiend - lol! In fact, I pretty much grow to cook. Not very many strictly ornamentals in my garden. :D

I try to grow the Thai peppers every year because local markets don't carry them fresh. If I want them fresh for Asian cooking I have to drive over an hour to hit Asian markets & hope they have them. Which is understandable during the winter months, but I'd prefer not to have to during growing seasons.

Countryladiesgardens
Green Thumb

Awesome! Sounds like we have a bit in common then! We are the same, have hot peppers at the grocery store, but nothing with the heat that we like. So we grow to eat them too, usually we home smoke some and make powders out of them. Nothing beats a hot spicy mayo!! It sure was a hit at our last catering event. We made Green Goddess Chicken burgers with their choice of Chipotle Mayo. We had an Insane sauce that had Ghost peppers in it! Yes it can be hard to find certian ingredients, we have to shop around town too. We grow the peppers now that we use as well as the tomatoes! Wow last year we even grew our own Cesar beans and Dill pickles! Yum!!

Return to “Pepper Forum”