kayjay
Green Thumb

Early Jalapeno 2014 Giveaway Seeds - Paging the Webmaster ;)

If you sowed the webmaster's early jalapeno seeds from last year's giveaway this year, what was your germination time? I googled around and I know peppers can be kind of slow to germinate and there are a lot of variables; but if everyone else's were fast, I should probably try again and replant a few more this weekend. I sowed them 2 weeks ago today and my other peppers germinated after 8 or 9 days. This is in a warm room, usually 71 - 75 F.

TIA. :cool:

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

You are lucky uou got your other peppers to germinate quickly at that temp., as even in the low 80s it will take 2 weeks or more for many to germinate. And tomorrow it will be 2 weeks for my seeds at around 85-90°, and there are still two of the 33 varieties not up yet, and a couple just showed up a day or two ago, so there is still hope for yours! Most of mine were up in 5-10 days, at that high temp., which is better for pepper seeds than having fresh ones.

kayjay
Green Thumb

Thanks, Pepperhead.

One finally stuck its head up today. ;) I'll know for next year to start them a little earlier.

Return to “Pepper Forum”