Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Strange brown fuzzy bug on pepper with green square.

I picked a pepper today and saw a small one inch square fuzzy edged flat patch on the pepper. the rectangular patch was about a 1/2 inch wide with a greenish patch in the middle. it looked like a piece of cloth but seemed to be a type of worm or bug but did not move. I peeled it off and it did not move. Never seen anything like it! What was it? I was trying to find a picture.
I enjoy fishing ,gardening and a solar greenhouse! carpet installation repair and sales for over 45 years! I am the inventor of the Bobber With A Brain - Fishing Bobber!

applestar
Mod

Re: Strange brown fuzzy bug on pepper with green square.

I think it was probably one of the slug moth caterpillars.
I was going to post a representative image but there are SO MANY ! I couldn't think which might be closest to what you saw:
:arrow: https://bugguide.net/node/view/131/bgimage

Do you see any that looks like the one on your pepper plant?
Learning never ends because we can share what we've learned. And in sharing our collective experiences, we gain deeper understanding of what we learned.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Re: Strange brown fuzzy bug on pepper with green square.

Third one from the top next to the penny is similar to it just a different color. Thanks!
I enjoy fishing ,gardening and a solar greenhouse! carpet installation repair and sales for over 45 years! I am the inventor of the Bobber With A Brain - Fishing Bobber!

Return to “Pepper Forum”