PerfecTommy07

Identifying Pepper Plants

Started from seed for the first time this year. I had every intention of keeping track of what was what but evenually ended up with about 24 pepper plants; approx 6 of each of these variety. Yolo, Cal Wonderful, Jalapeno and Cayenne. They all look the same to me. And it doesnt matter now becuase they are all potted up and it's a pending suprise what ends up where. I'm living and learning, and having a little fun. Label maker ordered.

But I am new to this forum and I'm curous if a trained eye can tell these varieties apart as seedling or anytime before they flower?

If anyone would like to put their eye to the test I will take some pictures and we can wait and see how good you are.

Thanks
PT7

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I actually ended up with the same problem this year. I decided next year, I'm just going to put a strip of masking tape on each pot and mark it with the name.

I only had two varieties, the California Wonder bell pepper and Anaheim chilis. I think I sorted them out by eye, just because the bell peppers grow faster, with somewhat darker green, slightly wider leaves. They generally seem a bit bigger and stronger at every stage.

But I have no idea if you could sort different chilis out from each other.

Return to “Pepper Forum”