tenderloingardener
Cool Member

Hurrah! Thai Sun seedling! Oh no! Thai sun seedling!

I tried not to get too invested in the pepper seeds I sowed from the stash obtained via the Webmater. I put them in a converted fish tank as I'm not buying a heating pad for plants. To my delight a seedling came up in a Thai Sun cell. Now I'm wondering when I should remove that cell from the tray and put it outside. Where is the subject of "Oh No!" I'm going to have to climb over the rain gutter to access more ledge space. :o

Does anyone have a germination rate for these? I like the idea of making these decisions based on some kind of objective criteria, even though I know that any such numbers are inexact and will vary wildly in practice. Thank you.

webmaster
Site Admin

You should expose them to the outside for 1-2 hours per day for about a week. After a week of getting them used to the outside and you're reasonably certain they won't be exposed to a frost (not likely in SF) you can then put them out in a container. You're supposed to use a container about about 3-5 gallons or more if you can. Full or partial sun is good. More sun is generally better.

Return to “Pepper Forum”