evtubbergh
Green Thumb

Re: Helpful Gardener Forum Pepper Seed Giveaway!

Oh I'd love to try Thai Sun so I can put some on the patio in pots. Well ok only 1 or 2 but I'll give the rest to my family and friends :)

bryce d
Cool Member

I think I will take some. Being a wimp all I want is jalapeno's.

webmaster
Site Admin

They'll be on the way soon! :)

applepie18
Newly Registered

Hi! I could really use some help growing peppers! I have tried buying plants and also putting seeds into the garden and no luck! I believe I'm in growing area 5. I did get a green house last May and this will be my 1st real season with it and need some advice!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Have they gone out? It said soon on 2/23 which is about two weeks ago. I have not recv'd tomato or pepper seeds. It is getting late for starting peppers.

mrbelvetron

My pepper seeds arrived in the mail yesterday and are now in their containers getting ready to germinate. We have a good long season down here in Texas and I'm looking forward to it!

Scrappy Coco
Cool Member

I received the seeds. Thank you very much! It was so nice to receive them written with pen and with a smiley on one of them. Here, have one too. :) Thank you.

webmaster
Site Admin

You're welcome! My nine year old addressed the envelopes and I hand labeled the seed packets. Thanks for the smile! :)

Keep us updated on the progress of the peppers!

kayjay
Green Thumb

I received my seeds this week, also. Thanks so much! I think I'll have to wait until next year as my house is still too cold and I don't have a warming mat - that'll be on my Christmas list for Santa this year. ;)

MB3

I received the seeds
thanks so much!
sadly some got crushed by the mail =( , but I hope to have a couple that will germinate from each type, I will be happy to get even one plant of each =)

webmaster
Site Admin

Wow, that's crazy that they got crushed. I wrapped the coin envelopes in tissue to protect them. Maybe double-up next time! ;)

MB3

I have been pretty lucky never having had so many crushed till now, but yeah they were in pretty sad shape
guess it happens .
the thai sun were fine, but they were smaller than the other seeds and seemed less brittle than the two super hots for whatever reason.
again, not trying to gripe. a bit sad perhaps that the mail crushed it, but not your fault.
I just finally got a seed warming mat, so the remainder are putting that mat to the test =) O:)

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

MB3 remember that HOT peppers can take 2-4 weeks some time to germ. Be patient

MB3

yeah, I know

2 of the Reaper seeds already germinated last week =) (I recently finally got a seed warming mat!)
I think the other seeds were too far gone, but perhaps there will be a few more to germinate.
no sign of the Scorpion, they may not have had any seeds that survived the mail (they all looked really bad), but my I will hold on to hope :)
still waiting on the Thai Sun to germinate, also. they mostly looked fine from mail, so I hope think a few should be viable

MB3

I can't seem to edit the post above, so will update with a new msg
I have 3 of the Reapers and 1 Thai Sun going. Going to have some HEAT this year if these all mature and fruit! Time to brush up on making hot sauces =)

beakhouse

I received my seeds! Thank you! Thank you! I am totally stoked to get these started. :-() The weather finally warmed up and stayed warm, so in they go! Thanks again for your generosity in sharing.

webmaster
Site Admin

You're welcome! :)

evtubbergh
Green Thumb

Funny I got these so quickly! Quicker than seeds from SA!

Thanks so much! I am going to start some now and grow them in some terracotta pots :) I can't wait!

Return to “Pepper Forum”