gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Welcome to the new Pepper forum

Welcome to the new pepper forum. Webmaster put this together today. I was shocked to see it but very happy. Tomatoes and peppers are some of my fave veggies. Big ups to webmaster he has been working hard on making this site even better. Which I must say is no easy task since HG is already top notch.

Now I need to add to this new forum.

Enjoy

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

I am so glad :) that I found the links at the top of every HG webpage for "View new posts" & "View your posts!" Maybe I can keep track of things a little bit even if I'm not gonna drop into every subforum.

Okay Dono! What are we talking about with peppers??

We can start an argument . . . How about this: sweet peppers can cross and the very first season - have fruit that is hot!! Yeah. Well, you know how you might eat a few Sweet Banana seeds in your Sunday omelet brunch? Sure, not careful - just chop them up and get them on top the egg before it's turned.

Well, those seeds are the offspring - next generation. And, if that Habanero growing one row over from the Sweet Banana jumped the fence . . . . those are gonna be hot seeds!

Steve :wink:

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

How far away do you have to keep sweet peppers from the hots? ????

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

It's about time Roger received my telepathy disgruntle messages. I like that they and Tomatoes are now out of my "Vegetable Gardening" section. :P

I'm now send you new messages. Please move the indoor growing topics out of the "Vegetable Gardening" and make a new section or sub section of Greenhouse. They also could be added to container gardening or house plants.

Thank You
Eric

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Well, if you just separate out the seeds before throwing the sweet peppers in the pan . . .

Oh, you mean . . . 500' Fedco says! Wow!! That's about 2 blocks.

Here is what a Southern Exposure Seed Exchange article says (link) "Many large commercial growers of pepper seeds isolate sweet bell peppers by 1/4 mile, and hot varieties are isolated from sweet or hot varieties by one mile (1,7). For home gardeners wishing to save their own seed, the recommended isolation distances are much smaller. Several seed saving guides have recommended distances ranging from several feet (5) to 50 feet (2) to separation by the length of the garden or as far as practical . . ."

I save little pepper seed. I can have a few pots of Thai Hot here at home and there just aren't many gardeners nearby. The seeds are just for my gardens. The pepper patch is several miles away and so this works easily for this commuting gardener.

Steve

applepie18
Newly Registered

gixxerific wrote:Welcome to the new pepper forum. Webmaster put this together today. I was shocked to see it but very happy. Tomatoes and peppers are some of my fave veggies. Big ups to webmaster he has been working hard on making this site even better. Which I must say is no easy task since HG is already top notch.

Now I need to add to this new forum.

Enjoy
I've been reading alot of the posts, and they are giving me alot of great tips! Glad I found this site!

webmaster
Site Admin

Welcome, I'm glad you're enjoying the Pepper Forum! Be sure to tell a friend! Thanks for the kind feedback! :)

Return to “Pepper Forum”