denemante

help with pepper ID

Hey all - many months ago, I ordered ghost pepper seeds online, and separately (and from a different source) ordered moruga scorpion seeds. For many months they've grown, and now I have peppers.

Unquestionably - I have ghost peppers - no doubt about it. 100s, actually.

But I have no idea what kind of peppers are growing from what was supposed to be the scorpion peppers.

On one plant, the peppers are red, smooth and very similar shape to a strawberry but a little smaller. On another plant, the peppers are yellow, smooth and round, just a tad larger than a gumball.

Anyone have any idea what these could be?

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

Without a picture of the peppers, I would think it almost impossible to make a definitive call on variety. There are so many varieties of peppers and many look almost the same that even with a picture it would be difficult.

That is why when I plant seeds or transplants, I put markers either in the ground or in the cells to identify the variety. It pretty much ends what you are dealing with now.

I'm editing this to mention that I have Habanero's growing in my garden, along with 4 other varieties of hot peppers and the Habs are both different in look. Two of the plants make pale green, somewhat wrinkled fruit about the size of a ping pong ball and the others make orange fruit similar in appearance, just a bit smaller. So you may have a sub-species of the same plant.

Mysterious Gardener
Newly Registered

You may have 2 different color varieties. There's a whole bunch of them when it comes to Trinidad scorpions(red, yellow, orange...)

Return to “Pepper Forum”