IndyGerdener
Green Thumb

Re: Praxxus Pepper Pruning Started

I did multiples of the following: (and not just peppers)

California Wonder
Pepperoncini
Sweet Banana
Spicy Banana (Hungarian Wax)
Cayenne
Jalapeno
Scotch Bonnet
Congo Habanero
Ghost (Sold over 30 plants and none of my customers had that either)
Trinidad Butch "T"
Black Pearl
There were a few exotic peppers as well, but I will have to look them up in my history.
Egg Plant
Basil

I am certainly not saying that it is impossible, just that I have not seen that happen, and I did it ALOT last year with always having a positive outcome. However, it makes me wonder what caused it so I can look out for it in the future.

Cola82
Green Thumb

Oooooh, eggplants? Let me know how that goes. I have some eggplants. I'd like to do right by them.

What I meant in my earlier comment about the peppers putting fruit on the ends of the branches was that I didn't prune them. They branched near the base into three branches and I didn't know what to do, so I just put them outside. It was really frustrating. Flowers and fruit would start all over but shrivel and die except for whatever was at the ends, which made it so top heavy. That's why I'm trying to for sure prune them properly this year. Edit to Add: they were orange California Wonder Peppers.

As for what varieties I'm growing, it's Serranos and "Orange" Bell Peppers. I was at Wal-Mart, the seed selection wasn't great and I was like, "Well I wanted some sweet peppers, too, and the California Wonder Peppers aren't sprouting."

Return to “Pepper Forum”