Francis Barnswallow
Green Thumb

Found this inside a large green bell pepper

Got back from the local farmers market and cut open a large green bell pepper to use in a dish. I heard something bouncing around inside the pepper, hence I bought it. This was inside it. It's about 2 inches in length. Is it a new baby pepper? It has a small white root coming out of it.

[img]https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/obiadia/babypepper.jpg[/img]

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

I've seen many of those in peppers I get from the market. It's just a piece of the pepper for whatever reason that is inside the pepper. No idea why that occurs but it is harmless.

lorax
Greener Thumb

I like to think of those as the little conjoined pepper twins.... :shock:

They're perfectly edible. Sometimes I find green ones inside red peppers, which actually weirds me out more than finding green ones in green peppers.

cherishedtiger
Green Thumb

Kind of reminds me of the pumpkin plant I found growing in my pumpkin... should have gotten pictures of that...

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

I'd sell it on Ebay. :lol:

Eric

skaterprincess
Newly Registered

Late response to post but at least two of the bell peppers I harvested this year had something similar to that. I assumed one of the seeds harvested itself and was going to grow another pepper. To bad the fruit (pepper) couldn't stay on the stalk long enough for it to get bigger :lol: two for the price of one :D

Return to “Pepper Forum”