PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

I tried to find a Do-it center around me and it ended up only being a distribution center. So I went to Lowes instead. And I was looking at all the fertilizers and only a few were organic. There was bloodmeal, boneweal, like 2 different fish fertilizers, and a miracle gro and this other called ZOOM. One of the fish fertilizers was like a spray you hook up to your hose. There was this other one I forget the name but it was like 0-12-12. The fish fertilizers were like 5-4-1 and 5-1-1 or something. I got something called Jobes Organics All Purpose granular fertilizer. The NPK values are 4-4-4. It was a 1.5 lbs bag. Would this do or should I really get the one you linked?

I know where there is another do-it center. And there is some OSH around us too. BTW is it wise to use mulch in pots?

PS: I cut one of the plants out of the pot so it is only 1 plant now. I got 29 peppers off the cut plant. But to be honest I think I cut the better of the two out.

Dr. Worm

DoubleDogFarm wrote:One more question. How large is the pot? Is it at least 5 gallons?

I'm thinking it maybe root bound. Also worm castings and pond water, probably not enough nutrients. At the fruiting stage I would give them a boost of -P-K. Did the original potting soil have a lot of Nitrogen?

Eric
I was wondering the same thing. I'd also check the pH. You could be overfeeding or underfeeding the plant.

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

The plant got worse since posting this. All the top leaves were curled and discolored. And the leaves were very weak almost to the point of all falling off. I got the fish spray and sprayed it, plus I added some azomite and now the plant looks better. The leaves are no longer curled and I see some tiny new growth. But the middle and bottom of the plant is still naked with no leaves.

I moved the plant to a spot that gets some shade. And I am careful not to water too much. I guess time will tell if this plant is gonna make a recovery.

Return to “Pepper Forum”