Tammy42

Green Peppers No Seeds Inside is this Normal?

Hi everyone happy Weds. to you!!! Yesterday I went out to my garden and picked those peppers that were getting heavy, or with the black lines on them so I could give the other up and coming ones a chance to get even bigger!! Well I can't describe how good these were when I opened up it was just full of water everything you want to see in a pepper not a dry pepper!!! The taste was superb, so much better that a store bought that is all dried out and dull in flavor!!! But I had a few problems though!!! I bought these grn peppers at Lowe's, they are Bonnie green peppers. When I opened them I noticed no seeds in them? :o Is this normal, or are they suppose to have seeds in them? I found that highly unusual!!! Should I have kept them on the plant longer? Is there anything I can do about this? All so the one that had the black lines all through this pepper but not anywhere inside was also dimpled all over, is this normal? But otherwise they were delicious!!!!! :D Tammy

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Ordinarily the Bonnie bell peppers, like most, will produce seeds. Here's a picture of one with its seeds: https://www.bonnieplants.com/tabid/420/p/927/Default.aspx

Yours may just not have been mature enough. They have to get to a certain point of maturity to produce seeds.

Glad they were nice and tasty and juicy though!

Tammy42

Thanks Rainbowgardener, maybe a will just leavethem on awhile longer to see what they will do and see if they have seeds in them or not!!!! Hopefully the next ones will get bigger!!!! Tammy

stella1751
Greener Thumb

Tammy42, Bonnie Plants has its own website. When I buy a Bonnie Bell plant, I generally check on it to see what I might expect from the plant. I looked up a simple Bonnie Bell Hybrid green pepper for you. It tells the fruit and plant size, other cool stuff :D Click on the following link. (If I guessed the wrong pepper, you should still be able to find yours.)

[url]https://www.bonnieplants.com/tabid/420/p/927/Default.aspx[/url]

Return to “Pepper Forum”