JayPoc
Greener Thumb

Well...I guess it's about that time

Been lurking more than posting lately...haven't had all that much to talk about :)

I figured I'd post some baby pics.

I'm growing the following in 2017:

Burpee SteakHouse hybrid
Burpee SuperSauce hybrid
Grandma Oliver's Chocolate
Lehrer Tomate
Lehrer Tomate (from carelessly saved seeds)
Large Oxheart type (saved seed from a volunteer)
Cherry type (saved seed from a prolific cherry that grew from carelessly saved seed the year before)
Small tart round salad type (saved seed from a gifted plant...no idea the variety name)
I'm sure I'm forgetting something....

As you can see, I'm a big fan of random things that pop-up through volunteerism or random seeds. So far, I've had a few fun surprises and nothing "bad". We'll see if those last few on my list produce fruit similar to their parent.

McPeg

Thanks for sharing your pics. I'm late this year starting tomato seeds - Sweet Million - a classic which are so prolific.
My windows are full of marigold flowers which I plan to share with family and friends. They will also get planted around my veggie beds.
Just sowed some sweet fennel seeds in a tray, still have cucumbers to start soon and other squash plants.
So addicted I sometimes don't know when to quit. This year I'll be buying a couple of tomato plants - heirloom, and save the seeds for next summer.
Cheers from Canada!

Return to “Tomato Garden Progress + Photos & Videos”