TexasGardenGirl
Cool Member

TexasGardenGirl's 2016 tomatoes

Hey, y'all! Some of y'all may recall I was having a bunch of issues with my tomato plants at the start of the season. So, I wanted to post and show off what a couple of the plants look like now, particularly the one I had the most trouble with.
received_10153574124482111.jpeg
That's two separate plants, spaced the way they are supposed to be! The left is a Super sweet 100 cherry tomato plant and the right is the black prince, the one I had the most trouble with. I had to prune majority of the foliage and within a couple weeks it was full and beautiful like this! Because of all my issues I still haven't had a ripe tomato but it shouldn't be too long before I finally get one!

AnnaIkona
Greener Thumb

Wow! Looks like your tomatoes are thriving! :-() you did a good job.
Glad to hear that they are doing good!

TexasGardenGirl
Cool Member

AnnaIkona wrote:Wow! Looks like your tomatoes are thriving! :-() you did a good job.
Glad to hear that they are doing good!
I had a few bumps and stumbles early on but now they are very happy mater plants! I was out fertilizing my peppers and squash and stuff last night and kinda figured they could wait another week for theirs as crazy as they're growing. Directions on the fertilizer says every 7-14 days. I go closer to 14-21 days on the tomatoes and that's how CRAZY they are! So I'm thinking they're getting what they need!

TexasGardenGirl
Cool Member

The two plants in the photo of the original post have gone absolutely insane! I have had to stake them to keep them off the ground. And the cherry tomato is finally starting to have ripened tomatoes. Not enough to do much with other than top a pizza or two. It's absolutely wonderful! I can't wait for my German Johnson and Black Prince tomatoes to ripen!

Return to “Tomato Garden Progress + Photos & Videos”