Greywolf

2016 Cherokee Purples

I have only one concern - it may drop close to 40 on Saturday morning, 2 days from now.

But I have so many excellent seedlings I decided to risk it after setting up the first planter.
~This is the west end of the house, I wanted to put them in part shade this year

But I now have thirty seedlings of these, and around seventy or so pepper plants, I have to get them moving outdoors
The planter is a back tire from a front end loader, with a smaller tire as a center surround. BASIL will go around the edges

~Wolfie

huntress

Looks good so far! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you have fair weather. It's snowing out by me :shock:

What kinds of pepper plants are you growing this year? All the same variety?

The tire planter is neat! Gives it a very country feel. And, it'll last forever :) Great way to upcycle!

applestar
Mod

If it's only for a couple of hours, they should be Ok as long as they have already been hardened off. It's when 40's temp drags on with no sun that tomatoes begin to show signs of stress and can become stunted. Worst case, be prepared to cover.

PinkPetalPolygon

I'm really excited for Cherokee purples this year! I have one little seedling from seed !

I wish us both the best of luck!
Attachments
IMG_20160408_130925.jpg

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

PinkPetalPolygon wrote:I'm really excited for Cherokee purples this year! I have one little seedling from seed !

I wish us both the best of luck!
Hey, please include me in on that wish of good luck. I have several plants that have been loving these warm sunny days. Last night was low forties and all the way to 40 tonight they say. If we can make it to the sunshine tomorrow we should be home free.

Last year was first for Cherokee Purple. Loved them, saved seeds and have a bunch in the making for this year.

Return to “Tomato Garden Progress + Photos & Videos”