UrbanFarmerJon

First Better Boy Hybrid sliced.

Had a branch snap due to too much weight a couple of weeks ago and they finally ripened up on the counter to where I could slice 2 up for dinner! I like how solid these are in the center too.
2.6 lbs of green tomatoes.
2.6 lbs of green tomatoes.
Didn't last long on the table!
Didn't last long on the table!
Great flavor as well. Will definitely plant these again next year.

dtizme
Cool Member

did they completly snap the stem off or just split it real good? I had a group of 6 this year that a couple were touching the ground so I propped them up onto another stem and split the branch real bad but never snapped it and the tomatoes are still ripening on the vine. Kinda suprised me.

UrbanFarmerJon

It was snapped over the tomato cage. You could see through the stem where it was bent. I cut the stem right before the break and brought them in.

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

The Better Boy Hybrid is a great tomato for size, consistency and taste. My Mom will have no other. I think for growing good consistent tasty tomatoes it is hard to beat, in this order, Better Boy, Fantastic, Cherokee Purple and Brandywine. I may plant just those four varieties next year.

UrbanFarmerJon

I agree. This is my first year growing them and by far is my year yet. Dealing with some splitting around the tops right now...thanks to this hot spell we have right now. I have another 15 on the plant right now...all the size of a softball.

Return to “Tomato Garden Progress + Photos & Videos”