JayPoc
Greener Thumb

Returned from vacation to find lots of maters

and unfortunately lots of disease. Most plants still hanging on, although a couple are pretty sickly...

In the pic above, clockwise from the top left: Grandma Oliver's Chocolate, Grandma Oliver's Red, Bison, Oranje Van Goijenbeir (pretty sure I misspelled that), and Utyonok. A few cukes thrown in up above for good measure....lol.

And below are some of the OVG in situ. For a size reference, think elogated golf ball"

onlylobster

Very nice! An inspiration to this new grower. It'll be a while before I'm growing that many varieties with such good results.

ahl389

They look great!

JayPoc
Greener Thumb

I posted this pic on one of the other boards, but I thought I'd put it here for this crowd. Here's what I picked yesterday. The smallish orange ones are Utyonok, in the container I have SS100s and some of the "OVG"s. Along the arms of the chair I have mixed together some German Johnson, Grandma Oliver's Chocolate, and Grandma Oliver's Red.

JayPoc
Greener Thumb

Busy day in the yard/garden. Mowed, weed-eated, weeded, trimmed and removed diseased mater foliage, and a few other odds and ends. Hasn't rained in days, so I've set an alarm to do a major watering first thing tomorrow. This is what the tomato portion of the counter looks like this afternoon!

Lehrer Tomates on the far left, and a mix of GJ, GOC, and GOR.

JayPoc
Greener Thumb

Today's mater haul...

Return to “Tomato Garden Progress + Photos & Videos”