vaporizer

vaporizer tomatoes 2015

hello. I thought I would post some pics in the tomato forums. please feel free to advise. this is my first season and I could use all the advise I can get. I'm starting to get a little scared since it is going to start getting hot here soon. I just put some reflective sheet down last night to see if it will help since that box only gets about 4.5-5 hrs of direct sun a day right now. they have some fruit on a few plants which I posted a pic below. btw, the pic was taken at 7:45 this morning to get an idea of the sun exposer in the morning. the first bed gets hit around 8:30 as of right now.

growing:
roma
sweet 100's
hawaiian tropic
cherry
cupids
yellow pear
and one that is a mystery. I like surprises.
tomato 001.JPG
tomato 002.JPG
tomato 003.JPG
tomato 004.JPG
tomato 005.JPG
tomato 006.JPG

vaporizer

a little update on my tomatoes.
009.JPG
010.JPG
012.JPG

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Love your setup everything looks lovely. :mrgreen:

vaporizer

I thought I would post an update. plants seem to be doing well, but I really don't know since this is my first time growing. some of the plants have lower leaves that are curling. I'm not sure what that is. some also show signs of some kind of leaf yuck on it. I'm not sure if it is a disease, or some water got on the leaves and burned them. the temperature here went from 90 degrees to lower 70's then is going back to the high 80's in a week with some high winds too. I am hoping that is the reason my tomatoes look a little sad the last few of days. I know I didn't like the weather.
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG

vaporizer

from advice I installed a trellis for the tomatoes. I can go one more screen higher if needed. I hope they grow that tall.
mid may update 003.JPG

brooksms

I have noticed some imperfect leaves with the sudden increase in heat lately so maybe that's it? This is my first year growing tomatoes as well. I don't worry much as long as I keep seeing a lot of new healthy growth continuing. If you're growing indeterminate tomatoes, I have a feeling you're going to need the higher screen.

vaporizer

tomato update. plants seem to be doing well despite the rain and temperature changes we have had. I fixed the trellis on the lower box to allow more airflow between the rows. I also trimmed the plants since they are planted so close. I hope they recover as I might have gotten carried away with the shears. yesterday I watered with a compost tea to add some love back to the soil. plants are starting to really flower all over and I can see a fruit branch on most of the plants. I hope my trimming doesn't hurt the fruit to much. it's going to get in the 100's this weekend. most of the plants don't see sun after 2pm or so. thanks for looking and I appreciate any comments.

first boogie brew 001.JPG
first boogie brew 002.JPG
first boogie brew 003.JPG

Return to “Tomato Garden Progress + Photos & Videos”