brooksms

First tomato in the ground!

This tommy toe variety tomato plant is my baby! It's the first seed I've ever germinated, first plant I've ever grown. I started early to practice germination and saw sprouts January 22nd. It's turned into a bit of an experiment as it began to outgrow the indoor lighting. Our last frost date is approx 4/15 and I've got a mini greenhouse (growitnow.com) to allow planting 2 weeks ahead. It went into the raised bed last night. Very exciting! It's fruiting and so far no signs of transplant shock, so now I'm eagerly waiting for them to grow to size! Interestingly, it grew inside 2-3x as tall as a sioux variety I also started in January. Not sure why but I started a second sioux seedling last month and it also seems to be somewhat slow growing compared to others.
Attachments
image-2.jpeg

autonomousgardener
Newly Registered

brooksms wrote:This tommy toe variety tomato plant is my baby! It's the first seed I've ever germinated, first plant I've ever grown. I started early to practice germination and saw sprouts January 22nd. It's turned into a bit of an experiment as it began to outgrow the indoor lighting. Our last frost date is approx 4/15 and I've got a mini greenhouse (growitnow.com) to allow planting 2 weeks ahead. It went into the raised bed last night. Very exciting! It's fruiting and so far no signs of transplant shock, so now I'm eagerly waiting for them to grow to size! Interestingly, it grew inside 2-3x as tall as a sioux variety I also started in January. Not sure why but I started a second sioux seedling last month and it also seems to be somewhat slow growing compared to others.
Good growing!

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

Good luck with it. Looks healthy.

Mr green
Green Thumb

Looks well taken care of brooks!

brooksms

So far so good! Fruit is still growing so I'm happy the transplant went well.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Looking good there. Wont be long here and the madness of transplanting will begin.

Return to “Tomato Garden Progress + Photos & Videos”