Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Still getting tomatoes in 115 degree weather.

The thermometer I have hiding in the shade says 115 degrees F at 3:38 pm Saturday August 17, 2013.

Tomatoes are not large but I have a lot of golf ball size ripe tomatoes, maybe 75 tomatoes total. I picked a few tomatoes and built a GARDEN PIZZA. Wow it was good.

GARDEN PIZZA. Red Pizza Sauce, Italian Sausage, pepperoni, provolone cheese, mozzarella cheese, black olives, onion, red bell pepper, oregano, salt, black pepper, sprinkle of red pepper, sliced tomatoes. Looks like there is some pizza left over for later.

I still have, bell peppers, okra, tomatoes and melons in the garden. I have garlic and onions that I harvested.

btrowe1

That looks so yummy,

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Yes that pizza does look awesome, now what were we talking about? :lol:

Sorry about the heat sounds like last year here. Good luck bro maybe try some shade if it is not too big of a problem.

dustyrivergardens
Green Thumb

Looks really good for sure....well it is suppose to cool down for a few days enjoy it....

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Gary if you don't mind, did you make the crust?

Juliuskitty
Green Thumb

After seeing that pizza I am so hungry! :shock:

Smallgardener

What is the secret to getting maters at 115 degrees. Did they have cool weather to set on?
I have maters set on and green but they waited till cool wet weather to set on.
It is now in the 90's during the day and 60's at night.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Yes, I almost always make my own crust from scratch. Sometimes I get an Italian yeast bread recipe online, reduce the recipe down to 2 cups of flour for a pizza crust. Some times I buy the pizza crust mixes at the grocery store, just add water and you have a crust in minutes. The home made yeast crust if many times better than the store bought crust.

Pepperonis, Italian sausage, cheese, onion, black olive, bell peppers, red pepper, topped with thin sliced garden tomatoes. Bake on bottom oven rack 400 degrees for 25 minutes.

The trick to having tomatoes in hot weather is shade. I have 2 of those fake plastic bamboo shades 8'x8'. I cover the tomato plants when them in 90+ degree weather.

Return to “Tomato Garden Progress + Photos & Videos”