JayPoc
Greener Thumb

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaack! Did ya miss me?

So, been away from here for a little more than two weeks. I had VERY limited internet access while on my trip, and have been too busy decompressing and getting caught up on house/garden stuff since. Looks like most of the garden survived very well during my absence. My garden sitter managed to keep everything alive. I'm finally harvesting maters! So far, I've picked and eaten some Big Beef, German Johnson, and Cherokee Purple. I have a huge Prudens Purple that I've picked and am waiting to ripen up. It's a massive and pretty mater, but its not at all "purple". I need to look into that...lol. Some blight has set in on the GJ, and PP, but has left the others mostly alone.

My mystery potato leaf volunteer has developed into my most beautiful plant. Its very full and bushy and full of tomatoes. Seems to be resisting the blight as well. None are getting ripe yet, but I'm anxious to see and taste them.

My dwarf Sleeping Ladies I got from gixx are looking awesome. I planted them a little later than the rest, in a spot that hasn't grown tomatoes before. They're also full of green tomatoes and show ZERO signs of any disease whatsoever (knocking on every wooden object I can find).

Well...thats it for now. Maybe I can take a few pics in the next day or so....

Did I miss anything while I was gone? :)

webmaster
Site Admin

Well, we expanded the Tomato Forum to include a forum for Heirloom Tomatoes and another section for sharing the tomato growing progress. :)

JayPoc
Greener Thumb

webmaster wrote:Well, we expanded the Tomato Forum to include a forum for Heirloom Tomatoes and another section for sharing the tomato growing progress. :)
I noticed those. To be honest, I'm not sure the tomato forum needed any sub forums, but I'll follow them assuming the posting picks up... :D

Return to “Tomato Garden Progress + Photos & Videos”