gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Yes you have missed a lot. :(

Apple did amazing this year indoors. Sadly mine didn't do so well unless you count the first ever antho dwarf making it through.

applestar
Mod

You're here! You're here! :D
So happy you dropped by. :clap:

Yes, I'm actually growing many of the seeds you gave me -- hoping to keep them viable and going before its too late. You may recognize them -- I posted the full list over in the other thread in Seed Starting forum, I think. You'll see most if not all of them have already sprouted. :mrgreen:

ETA - ha! mr. Speedy jumped in ahead of me. :lol:

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Apple I have been watching your amazing progress. You re one of my inspirations to plant from seed this spring. When will you be able to move your plants outside? Tallk about extending the growing season. You give that a new defintion.

applestar
Mod

List of ALL tomato varieties I'm growing... Mostly one each some multiples:
:arrow: https://helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewt ... 767#289767

Thanks ElizabethB :D
My last average frost is 3-4th week of April. Safer to plant out 1st week of May if I don't want to scramble around covering them. I'm planning to plant out the Winter Indoor Trial varieties under low tunnels earlier than the rest though, since most of them are cool temp tolerant/preferred. 8)

applestar
Mod

Random updates photos --

Air layering an overgrown sucker -- I don't want to cut it off because it's loaded with all those green fruits. So I'm going to get a good root system growing in the cup of sphagnum moss mixed with coir and potting soil before cutting it off and potting it up 8)

DonomaterF2#4 in upstairs bedroom. It is super thirsty now and needing to be watered every day, sometimes 2x a day. :shock:

Loaded with fruits:

The first large fruit was not a fluke. Compare with these ripe DonomaterF2 #3 fruits which are smaller and rounder (these look very much like DonomaterF2 #1 fruits from Winter Wonderland)

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Awesome Applestar. They are looking great I am happy.

applestar
Mod

Donomaters are getting tired:

This one (#4) is yellowing. Hope the fruits start to blush soon....
(#3 in the other bedroom is barely keeping ahead of the Spidermites.
The ones downstairs, #1 is almost done. A couple more ripening fruits and a few more little green ones. #2 was the last to start to fruit so it's still working on ripening the first fruits, but overall, this one has been a very slow grower even after being moved to Winter Wonderland.

Since they are determinates and their demise was expected, I may pull the plug once the bigger fruits blush and not keep them limping along, especialy since I need to bring the overwintered in the near freezing garage peppers inside to wake them up. :wink:

applestar
Mod

Updating a lot of threads today :()

applestar
Mod

Upstairs Donomaters are almost done.

Here is F2#4
The harvested #4 cluster compared to typical #1 and #3 fruits -- definitely larger sizes:

I haven't cut them apart to weigh them yet, but will likely be heavier than those Sophie's Choice fruits since Donomater fruits are almost globes and not flattened like SC's
(But I do have another Sophie's Choice that is shaping up to be the biggest of them all)

Last of F2#3

...see how sad they both look? It's not just the lighting that's making them look so yellowed...

applestar
Mod

Spudakee on the floor in Cool Gang is now ripening fruits at 4 ft and 5 ft heights....

Jardin du Fort

Apple, you have exceeded the subject of your post! These are not any longer Winter indoor tomatoes, they are Spring indoor tomatoes! (of course they were grown over the winter, but hey)

How many more producers do you have coming before this year's crop is done and you succumb to relying on regular outdoor tomatoes?

:-()

applestar
Mod

If I start a new thread now, I might exceed 10 pages in that one before my regular outdoor tomatoes start producing.
:flower:

applestar
Mod

One last look at the Winter Tomatoes in the Winter Wonderland from this morning -- and this photo was taken AFTER harvesting three ripe fruits :wink:

Return to “Tomato Garden Progress + Photos & Videos”