Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Zinnia Question

I have 2 packages of Zinnia seeds the package shows multi color flowers. Will each seed make a plant with only 1 color flowers or will 1 plant make several different multi color flowers?

I am wondering if I save seeds from RED color flowers will they grow more RED flowers.

Same thing with other save seeds from other color flowers. Will seeds from yellow flowers grow more yellow? Will saved seeds from orange flowers grow more orange? Etc.

I am not racist against any certain color flower I just want a good mix of colors with no over powering number of 1 certain color.

I don't know yet how many day crop this is? Is it too lake to plant our first frost is 3 months from now.

TomatoNut95
Super Green Thumb

In all honesty Gary you never can tell what you will get from a packet of mixed colors. I'm not very crazy about mixed colored stuff either because I to like to pick and choose my own colors. Even in a packet of a specific color you could get the wrong thing like I did. A Scarlett O Hara morning glory turned out to be small and pink.

3 months may be cutting it close. At least it would be for me since my stuff grows too slow. Are these zinnias the short kind or tall kind?

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”