Husk24

What type of flowers will these develop into?

Hi all

I bought some mixed seeds for flowers to attract bees and butterflies. I don't exactly know which flowers were they for being a newbie. Well after six weeks , this is what I have so far, my question is, is this some type of weed and grass? or they going to be my lovely flowers? :oops:

Thanks
Attachments
IMG_0874.JPG
IMG_0876.JPG
IMG_0875.JPG

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Your seed packet should have told you the plants that are in the mix. If you knew what you planted, it would be easier to identify.

Did it say wildflower mix or butterfly mix or pollinator mix or what?

You definitely have some kind of grass mixed in. Some wildflower seed mixes contain ornamental grasses, or it could be just weeds. The broad leaved ones look a lot like broccoli or cabbage or something in that family. What was growing there before?

Husk24

Thanksfor the reply.

I bought the seeds from ebay said perennial wild bee scented. There was nothing written on the pack. I don't know what was grown in that part of the garden as when I bought it , it had bark on it.

imafan26
Mod

It will be hard to tell until they get bigger

Husk24

Here are more recent pix. I can the see the smaller might be some flowers but no idea of the rest,!

Any second thoughts?

I'm getting a little impatient, I just want to get rid of and buy some plug plants to plant instead lol
Attachments
IMG_8135.JPG
IMG_8134.JPG
IMG_8133.JPG

ButterflyLady29
Greener Thumb

Still looks like some sort of brassica and grass and some weeds. The couple little just sprouted plants look like sunflowers.

Where are you located? Do you have any garden stores or Lowes, Menards, or similar home improvement store nearby? Many garden and home improvement stores are already putting plants on clearance. And they still should have seeds available.

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”