Gardenmom
Cool Member

Surprise Gardener project

Hello everyone! I'm new here but not new to gardening :P
I just finished a "Surprise Gardener" project for a friend of mine. Her mother has been fighting cancer (and passed away Easter Sunday), so while my friend was away last week, I and a few kids from our church did a complete garden makeover. We pruned, weeded, planted, set up a fountain and laid fresh redwood bark. It came out great, and will totally surprise her when she gets back!

webmaster
Site Admin

That's so thoughtful, and a wonderful gift!
:)

Welcome to the forum gardenmom!

imagardener2

You're obviously living your faith. Good for you and good for your friend!!

How about posting some pictures?

Gardenmom
Cool Member

I would love to be able to send pics, but my camera is in several pieces at the moment. I need to try and find a way.....now, if I can just get them to keep their new plants watered.

JPlovesflowers

How thoughtful! I'm sure your hard work will encourage your friend to have wonderful memories of her mom whenever she is in her garden in the future. I have always found it encouraging to know that God planted the garden of Eden. He spoke and created the world and all of its inhabitants, but He took the time to personally plant a garden and then He fulfilled His role as the Master Potter by creating the most incredible vessel...man.

Return to “Flower Gardening & Garden Design”